At Acme Arb Ltd, we take your privacy and data protection very seriously. In order to comply with GDPR we have updated our privacy notice as follows:
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of Acme Arb Ltd.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website – https://www.acmearb.com/.
Acme Arb Ltd and our Data Protection Officer
We’re Acme Arb Ltd: The Old Dairy, Broadfield Road, Sheffield S8 0XQ. We are a data controller of your personal data. Acme Arb Ltd or companies which provide your product or service are named at the start of these terms and conditions. The Office will handle any data protection queries. You can contact the office using the details below or by writing to the above address, marking it for the attention of Acme Arb Ltd or going to Contact Us.
What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details and contact details history
- Records of your contact with us such as via the phone number of our breakdown service and, if you get in touch with us online using our online services or via our smartphone app, details such as your mobile phone location data, IP address and MAC address
- Products and services you hold with us, as well as have been interested in and have held and the associated payment methods used
- The usage of our products and services
- Marketing to you and analysing data, including history of those communications, whether you open them or click on links, and information about products or services we think you may be interested in, and analysing data to help target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you. Offers may include any of our other products and services
- Fraud, debt and theft information, including details of money you owe, suspected instances of fraud or theft, and details of any devices used for fraud
- Information about your health or if you are a vulnerable customer
- Information about your property, such as location, access details for our work / vehicles / equipment
- Financial details about you, such as your salary and details of other income, details of your savings, details of your expenditure, and payment method(s)
- Information about your property occupier status, such as whether you are a tenant, live with parents or are an owner occupier of the property where you live at the time of our works
- Insights about you and our customers gained from analysis or profiling of customers
What is the source of your personal information?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly, and any information from family members, associates or beneficiaries of products and services
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services
- From other sources such as publicly available directories and information (for example, telephone directory, social media, internet, news articles)
What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 1 above, for the following purposes:
- Assessing an application for a product or service, including considering whether or not to offer you the product or service, the price, the risk of doing so, availability of payment method and the terms
- Managing products and services relating to that the product or service, or application for one
- Updating your records, tracing your whereabouts and recovering debt
- Managing any aspect of the product or service
- To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
- To improve the operation of our business
- To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and service. We’ll send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post, social media and digital channels (for example, using Facebook Custom Audiences and Google Custom Match). Offers may relate to any of our products and services
- To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
- To provide insight and analysis of our customers either as part of providing products or services, helping us improve products or services, or to assess or improve the operating of our businesses
- To share information, as needed, with service providers or as part of providing and administering our products and services or operating our business
- To facilitate the sale of one or more parts of our business
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
1:Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
a) To provide you with a personalised written quotation.
b) Managing products and services you hold with us
c) Updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account and doing this for recovering debt (where appropriate)
d) Sharing your personal information with services providers when you seek a product provided by one of our contacts
e) All stages and activities relevant to managing the product or service including enquiry, administration and management of accounts
2:Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
a) Managing your products and services relating to that, updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account and doing this for recovering debt (where appropriate)
b) To perform and/or test the performance of, our products, services and internal processes
c) To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
d) For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
f) To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
g) To administer our good governance requirements such as internal reporting and compliance obligations or administration
h) For market research and analysis and developing statistics
i) For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service. We will send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post and social media and digital channels (for example, using Facebook Custom Audiences and Google Custom Match
j) Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
3:To comply with our legal obligations
4:With your consent or explicit consent:
-a) For some direct marketing communications
-b) For some of our profiling and other automated decision making
-c) For some of our processing of special categories of personal data such as about your health, if you are a vulnerable customer
When do we share your personal information with other organisations?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- On request of a service not provided by ourselves, but where we can introduce you to a company offering this service.
How and when can you withdraw your consent?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Is your personal information transferred outside the UK or the EEA?
We’re based in the UK We will not transfer any of your Data / personal information outside of the UK or the EEA
What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website or by getting in touch by phone or email. We’ll then update your records if we can.
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
Do we do any monitoring involving processing of your personal information?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications.
We may monitor where permitted by law and we’ll do this where the law requires it, or to comply with regulatory rules, in the interests of protecting the security of our communications systems and procedures and for quality control and staff training purposes. This information may be shared for the purposes described above.
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can contact us using the details below.
Your right to object
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website to exercise these rights.
What are your marketing preferences and what do they mean?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Facebook, Google and message facilities in other platforms) to contact you according to your marketing preferences. You can stop our marketing at any time by contacting us using the details below or by following the instructions in the communication.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website. Alternatively, you can write to Acme Arb Ltd, The Old Dairy, Broadfield Road, Sheffield, S8 0XQ.